Hi guys ! the other day I discoverd this blog:
and oh surprise one receipe of a chocolate custard, I wanted to find for a few year now. When I was a child we called it an ‘entremets’ and it was one of my favorite dessert at the school cantine, souvenirs souvenirs …
So I quickly went to buy the ingrediets, I’ve never tried Agar-agar before so I was curious. My first attenpt to purchase those was at the bakery shop in the Jan Pieter Heijestraat, sugarlicious in Amsterdam where I live.
When I asked for Agar agar, she looked at me with rond eyes and told me she never heard about it. I look at her even more astonish because she’s running a cake shop, it was impossible she didn’t know about it. ( I must have prononce it wrong ! )
Annyway I continue my shearch at the ‘natuurwinkel’ ( bio shop ) and it was there on the shelves, little box with 6 little bags of 2 g each which was exactly what I needed 🙂
I folowed the receipe that you find here on the la super superette.
if you don’t speak french, I’ll translate.
you need :
● 40g of bitter cacao powder
● 80g of brown sugar
● 2 g of Agar-agar
● 850 ml of milk
● In a bowl mix the cacao, sugar, agar-agar and pour a little of cold milk.
● whisk it
● In a sauspan warm the rest of the milk
● when warm, pour the mix into it and keep whisking it
● bring to boil for 2/3 min
● pour it into your ramekins ( 6 of them) and leave it to cool down before
● placing then in the fridge for at least 2 hours.